Pages

Monday, May 18, 2009

Thin, Naturally.


Let me preface this by saying that I love Bethenny Frankel. She is by far my favorite housewife
and is freaking hilarious. Her one liners pretty much seal her as my hero. Phrases like "holy inappropriateness" and "I was sweating like a whore in church." I mean, how can you get any better than that? Her wit is so quick it causes whip lash to the somewhat slower cast mates.

All this to say that when Bethenny came out with her book Naturally Thin, naturally, I bought it. I enjoyed the read, because well, I enjoy Bethenny. I really liked her 10 principals on being naturally thin, they all really made since to me during the first half of the book. The second half of the book where she puts her principals into action and shows the reader how she really lives- I could not even slightly relate.

I'm sorry, I'm hungry. I do not even understand how to "taste everything, eat nothing". I eat because I'm HUNGRY. I don't want to have a "bite of a donut, throw out the rest". Or order a side salad and split it. Its a salad! Or have chicken noodle soup and eat only the broth and chicken, maybe a few noodles. To her credit, one of her "rules" for this non-diet, diet is to "Know thyself"- eat how you want to eat, don't eat what anyone else tells you to.

I want to know who in their right mind would order a $5 latte from Starbucks, have a few sips and then throw it out? "Naturally thin people do this all the time". I would be broke, and hungry.

I also cannot relate when she talks about sometimes forgetting to eat lunch, or being too busy to get around to it until 4!?!? I'm sorry, forget to eat? That has never happened to me, ever. Holy cow, I would be naturally murdering people out of hungry anger... and my head would be pounding so hard I couldn't see straight.

But then again maybe that's why I'm not naturally thin. I eat my food, I don't just taste it.



*I should probably mention that I lost a pound and a half this week without really trying. So, I'm not quite sure why I'm so pissy about the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment